Monday, May 26

Long Weekend

This has been a totally relaxing weekend. Lots of changes going on in my life and many things just seem to be in a holding pattern or not what they seemed. Sometimes we think we are following God's will only to find that we have no peace and anxiety is our constant companion. But thank God that Luke 3:5 tells us "that He will make our crooked roads straight". That's right even if we think we heard God and we were following Him and then we find out we missed Him; He can make it right again. It is really hard when we go through times like these and trying to understand how you missed God and how easily we get off track. I guess the lessons I learned during this trial is to trust that you do know and hear God's voice and to act immediately on what he is asking you to do. This really tests are faith and trust in God. This is certainly an area that I am growing in.

I have read some great books that have helped me grow spiritually; the most recent by Beth Moore, Get out of that Pit. Wow, was that a timely word. We get into these pits one of three ways 1) we are pushed in by others 2) we accidentally fall in and 3) we willingly jump in. I could relate to each of these as I have been there in all of the above instances and getting out and staying out is something I am determined to do this time.

I am still praying what is God's will for my life and where should I be career, socially, and spiritually. My answer seems to be "wait" which is never the answer we want to hear but I pray that through my wait I get to know God more and find him to be faithful and my relationship will just grow stronger and stronger.